Opus were requested by Council to review and improve asset management practices at Warringah Council
This involved the review and development of a strategy to improve Council’s practices for asset management and development with a focus on ‘value for money’ and efficiency.
The purpose of this project was to develop practices that would be more efficient and effective in their application to improve ‘value for money’ outcomes within Council.
Council had identified that a better system of cost recording was expected to facilitate better decision making on infrastructure investment.
The asset management review content included:
- Defining the desired level of service
- Demand forecasting and management options
- Asset portfolio management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Risk management
- Developing improvement actions for implementation by Council
Opus provided the following value to the project:
- Sharing experiences gained from working with other local authorities
- Providing an independent view on the current practices based upon Opus’ asset management knowledge and global experiences
- Engaging staff through focused and interactive workshops creating valuable insights for all parties
Services provided included:
- Defining the asset management policy
- Facilitated workshops that focused on specific subject matter
- Independent review of current practices relative to good practice proven in other local authorities
- Development of an improvement plan