With years of experience, Opus Property Services fully understands the processes and requirements involved in the acquisition and disposal of property and property rights.
The expertise and experience of our property professionals in major property negotiations, both within the statutory framework and commercially, ensures that we are able to provide sound advice in the following areas:
- Statutory acquisition investigations and due diligence associated with land purchases and, where required, compulsory acquisition in accordance with the Public Works Act 1981
- Purchase negotiations and due diligence for private sector clients, including purchase of fee simple, easement or other interest
- Disposal investigations in accordance with section 40 of the Public Works Act 1981, including offer back to the former owner where required
- Open market sale, including co-ordination of marketing and preparation of the required documentation
- Land Status Reporting and investigation in accordance with other land related legislation, such as the Reserves Act, 1977, and Land Act 1948
- Land Status Investigations to determine road legality, easement rights or obligations, ownership or administration of reclamations, historic land ownership, title and document searches, preparation of Overseas Investment Act certificates
Identifying sound strategies and parameters for the process in advance of negotiations is a key to successful purchase or disposal of property. Understanding the implications and possible outcomes, helps us serve clients in the most professional and efficient manner.
Within New Zealand, we have a nationwide team of experienced Crown Land Specialists involved in all aspects of work associated with the Public Works Act 1981 and Land Act 1948, and Opus holds LINZ accreditation in a range of statutory reporting functions.
Opusí Crown Land specialists hold LINZ accreditation in a range of statutory reporting functions. Details can be found on the LINZ website.