Geotechnical engineers provide the foundation for development and infrastructure projects for our communities. Opus geotechnical professionals provide a comprehensive range of services for engineering and infrastructure projects.
Our geotechnical professionals investigate ground conditions to determine soil and rock properties. We assess how proposed construction projects will interact with the ground and design foundations to support structures.
Our geotechnical design projects include:
- Foundations for buildings, bridges, towers, wharves, tanks
- Foundations for other load-bearing structures
- Foundation types, include footings, rafts, shallow and deep piles
- Ground improvements works, such as dynamic compaction, stone columns, and vibro-compaction
- Ground improvements for smaller structures where the soil conditions do not allow for code-based design
Our engineers provide services for the assessment and design of earthworks and excavations, man-made and natural slopes, embankments, retaining walls, tunnels, reservoirs, dams, roads and pavements, channels, mining and landfills. Our engineers specialise in large groundwork projects such as underground rail stations.
Our geotechnical engineers assess the risk to people, communities and the environment from natural hazards such as landslides, rockfalls, sinkholes, earthquakes and soil liquefaction. In addition to considering natural hazards, our geotechnical engineers apply risk management to our engineering projects to ensure project outcomes meet our client’s expectations.